Thursday, June 23, 2011

Weight & the horrible 5 K accident

 Sometimes... I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders- well, actually if you take a close look at me... the weight is really in my belly ! Yep, you got it... I have bird legs a pancake bootie and really nothing to speak of except this belly. I am asked often if I am expecting a baby and, now I just 'shrug my shoulder and say nope... just fat"... people seem shocked but, seriously you NEVER EVER ask that question unless you are 100% sure folks... My friend Jennifer always tells me how horrible it is to have a big butt... I keep telling her over and over again that I have never known a man to walk into a room full of women and point to anyone shaped like me and say " well check out the fine chick with the pot belly!"... however... I have known a few men in my day to be quite happy to talk about the chick over there with the BOOTY!!...

Struggling with weight has always been an issue- I am on and off diets and up and down with excersise. It is a very difficult and uphill battle. I would like to give a shout out to my good friend Dixie Perkins.. she above all the folks I know excersises all the time and enjoys herself while doing it - She is always a source of encouragement for me in motivational talks about picking up the excersise torch and running with it again.

She convinced me that I could run a 5K, which i dreadfully and miserably finished hating every moment but, it was a milestone and one I'm quite proud of. She however failed to tell me what to do if I felt the need to have explosive diarrhea in the middle of the race ( which happened to be in a rural neighborhood with no bathroom in site) . So , in the middle of the race... I fly up into a lot where a house had ye to be built and squatted behind some overgrown grass and in less than 30 secs ... the pain was over... and yep you guessed it no toilet paper. I finished the race found the toilet paper and was greeted by a quite large cheering section of my children , friend and family on the day I ran a 5K.

Word to the wise: On the morning of your first 5K, if your tummy rumbles with nervousness..... that little pocket that is built into your nike running shorts... is just the right size for a travel pack of pepto.

2 comments:

  1. That's so funny...and totally one of the reasons running a 5K sounds intimidating to me (that, and lugging my big butt for 3.1 miles). I'm impressed. And I feel your pain with the weight struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (when I went to post the comment above the word verification it put up was "desserts". Jerky computer!)

    ReplyDelete